Blog moved to www.pekysamal.com

Saturday, June 30, 2012

TRUSTING GOD IN LITTLE


Nu 1,500……that was all I had in my purse when I set out for a two-week hiatus to the east on June 13, 2012 with a close friend.
I knew I was not carrying enough money but I did not have more and I believed that God would provide for me.
For lack of money my friend bought direct tickets from Thimphu to Bumthang  
The journey from Bumthang to Mongar the next day we spent juggling our time between sitting at the back seat and an upturned bucket because we could not get tickets. However, we did not complain.
God provided us a Toyota hilux for free the next day from Mongar to Kanglung, Trashigang.
We stopped at Yadi for tea and snacks which we got for free, too because we accidentally stumbled upon a believer’s restaurant. We prayed for the family and felt blessed in return.
Once we reached Sherubste (that was where our friend plus sister is staying with her husband who is a lecturer and her two small daughters), we made ourselves comfortable.
We stayed six days at her place and observed a seven-day fast starting the very next day we arrived. I observed it for spiritual renewal and renewed I was.
I learnt about being a woman (babysitting, folding diapers, baking cakes, making momos and a whole lot more....maybe God was "preparing" me!), about generosity and hospitality (from our hosts in Trashiyangste where we also spent two days), about delivering a sermon to a crowd and leading prayer service.
We had hitch-hiked to Trashiyangtse because we were short of money but when I returned with my friend after our revitalizing and rejuvenating stay in the two dzongkhags, I had Nu 2,500 in my pocket. God’s providence.
The poorest (in the worldly sense) people did not withdraw from giving to us.
This was a lesson in large-heartedness.
I am not a very wise spender but I had decided that I would trust in God to provide for me and my friend. He did not let us down.
It is not only in plenty that God blesses us. He is pleased to bless us when we put our trust in him during scarcity, too.
Great lesson learnt.

1 comment:

  1. God bless you n ur friend in abundance Peky. The friend plus your sister in Kanglung must be Parvati de n family,i guess. Its nice to know that they are blessed with 2 beautiful daughters now.:-). God bless them! and keep growing spiritually:-D

    ReplyDelete